Yes, its that magical last day of October, when you can break out your lingerie, a pair of animal ears, and some extremely high heels and claim youre a mouse or kitty without anyone talking shit. And if they do, theyre totally just regretting their footie-pajama costume which does NOT do wonders for their already stubby legs.
If youre hosting your own Halloween get-together complete with totally adorable finger food, candy, and alcohol, make sure you have some killer cocktails on hand. Well be adding to this list tomorrow, so, like, keep track.
– About 2 shots worth of tequila (we used Partido Reposado because its fancy)
– 1 1/2 tbsps lime juice
– 1 tbsp agave nectar or honey
– 1 tbsp Crme de Cassis (if youve never had it, its made from black currants and adds a lovely dark red color)
– Ginger beer (we used Reeds)
Shake the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, and Crme de Cassis with ice and strain into a highball glass, then top off with the ginger beer and stir. The red hue will freak everyone out and like, youll be popular.
If you have a bunch of beer drinkers slash hipsters at your party (whyd you invite them, honestly?), try the below cocktail to keep them from complaining:
Bad Bitch Brew
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 2 tbsps honey syrup (make it by combining 1 cup of honey and 1 cup of water in a small pot over medium heat; stir until dissolved)
– Light-ish beer, we used Sapporo Premium but if bitches are picky you can probs find an awesome local, sustainable, organic microbrew
– 2-3 dashes orange bitters
In a tall cocktail glass add orange juice and honey syrup, top with the beer and orange bitters. Stir gently with bar spoon and garnish with orange slice.