I’m going to ask you a question and you’re going to have to reply with the first thing that comes to mind – and don’t cheat by looking at the title. I’m just going to assume you got this far magically or something… What is the best thing in the world?
That’s right, gin! For anyone who said love or family or peace, get out. If you said beer, I’ll let it slide. You were close. This article is for the cynicalpeople who want to be drunk with money only. Got it?!
Right then. How would you like to be paid 20,000 a year to drink fancy gins all day and write about them a bit? I know, sounds too good to be true. I would apply but, you know, I don’t really want to cut down to 5% of my current pay and, between you and me, I’m half pissed on gin when I write my articles anyway…
A photo posted by I Love Gin! (@ilovegindotcom) on Jun 11, 2016 at 11:21am PDT
The position comes fromI love Gin, a subscription company that sends customers a box of craft gins and tonic waters every month. If you want to know more about the job, read on (obviously)…
The ‘gintern’ will “be responsible for trying out new gins, giving us feedback on pairings, discovering new brands to work with, contributing to our blog, sharing the gin love on our social platforms and travelling around the country [the UK] and a trip or two into other countries in the name of ginspiration and exploration!”
As well as rating gins, you’d be expected to contribute to the blog, social media site, and visit ginhouses all across the UK, building bridges etc…
Obviously you have to be at least 18 and, on top of that:
- “The internship will run for 6 months, after which we may offer you a full time position
- This is not a full time position, you will be required to work approx 2 days per week
- Typically youll be visiting 1-2 new gin companies each week
- The rest of the time youll be able to work remotely from home (a coffee shop or wherever you wish)
- Youll be required to come to our West London office at least once a month (typically twice a month)Competitive pay (up to 20,000 per annum)”
DoYOU have what it takes to drink gin for a living? If you do, apply here and god speed!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments!