Looking back, the actual football played on Super Bowl Sunday this year was pretty underwhelming. There were no Hail Mary passes or last-minute comebacks, there were no Cam Newton heroics or vintage Peyton Manning sightings.
But while the game itself was subpar, the moments surrounding the on-field action made Super Bowl 50 worth watching. There were accidental endorsements, awkward kisses and, you know, Betty White embracing the dab culture. So, from 12-hour hindsight, here are funniest moments from Sunday night.
1. Tom Brady’s Patriots didn’t even earn a berth in the Super Bowl this year, yet he was still mercilessly booed by the fans in Levi’s Stadium.
2. BETTY WHITE DABBING.
That’s all. No explanation needed.
3. Jonathan Stewart celebrated his high-flying, sky-skimming touchdown with this epic “Grease” hand jive.
Chang chang changity chang shoo-bop. We’ll always be like one, wa wa wa ONE!
4. People were afraid of whatever this ad was supposed to be …
sad what became of Left Shark pic.twitter.com/hscwZ6VYOj
— Hutch Harris (@thethermals) February 8, 2016
5. And then there was #PuppyMonkeyBaby.
— Mountain Dew (@MountainDew) February 8, 2016
We’ll see you in our nightmares, strange hybrid being.
6. For perhaps the first time ever, we agreed with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.
So far the Super Bowl is very boring – not nearly as exciting as politics – MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 8, 2016
7. Someone thought it was a good idea to have Coldplay share the halftime stage with Beyoncé, so obviously the Internet went wild with it.
8. Taraji P. Henson had no idea who was playing the halftime show, but was lovin’ it anyways.
9. Speaking of the halftime show, this guy wanted everyone to know that he, like Bruno Mars, has some serious uptown funk.
More “Formation,” less of Chris Martin’s shoes, please.
10. This Doritos ad somehow equated an unborn child with a big ol’ bag of quasi-spicy chips.
People were really questioning the creative license of this one.
oh my god never eating doritos again
— Shea Serrano (@SheaSerrano) February 7, 2016
11. Peyton Manning celebrated his big Super Bowl win with a kiss not from his wife, but from … the Papa John?
Better ingredients. Better pizza. Awkward daps. Papa Johns.
— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) February 8, 2016
Welcome to corporate America, friends.
12. Speaking of shameless consumerism, Manning said “Budweiser” a ton in the moments after the final whistle blew.
Apparently even Budweiser didn’t know what in the world he was doing.
13. Stephen Curry spoke tweeted for all Carolina fans, when he co-opted the infamous MJ crying face following his team’s tough loss.
A Look into my soul right now…but it's all good we will be back! pic.twitter.com/fKbDjGx0on
— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) February 8, 2016
14. Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib was so giddy after the win that he finished off Super Bowl Sunday with some serious slippage on primetime TV.
Talib falls off the stage on live TV! What an entrance! pic.twitter.com/PAtqowyurL
— B.J. Rains (@BJRains) February 8, 2016